2012年3月15日星期四

Maternity Fashion And Women’s Trends

I never had much reason to think about women’s trends and maternity fashion until three years ago when I fell pregnant with my first child Leo. I did not even know if maternity fashion had trends.Luckily for the first months I was able to just buy one size bigger than my normal clothes but when I hit the five month mark , I needed to angry bird make some fashion choices.Firstly, did I want the bump to show. Was I a tight- t-shirts and leggings person or more floaty discreet maternity dresses. Obviously every pregnant bump is beautiful in its own special way but I must admit that milk white tummies ( I hate the word belly, especially if its paired with beer) with greenish veins make me feel sickly, even if its my own, so I chose feminine , floaty empire lined outfits.The choices you make for your maternity outfits are probably harder than any other fashion decision. Firstly you don’t want to spend thousands of pounds on a wardrobe of clothes which you are only going to be wearing for 9 months...hopefully. Secondly you are going to want to look stylish and trendy, but comfort needs to be paramount.So where do you start? Generally in the first few months and definitely in the last few months your too tired, sick and hot to be bothered hoofing around the high streets for hours at a time. Therefore I suggested online clothes shopping or picking out a virtual wardrobe. It takes all the strain and stress out of shopping and you can switch on your laptop, grab a cup of tea and put your feet up.I love the online portals which cover a number of different high street shops of varying price ranges. This way you can pick out one item, ie dresses and look at what all shops have to offer. Identify what you are going to be doing over the next nine months. Are you mainly needing work outfits or are you lucky enough to be lounging around for the duration of this pregnancy. Do you need to consider Christmas and New Year clothes or do you need to invest in cool summer clothes if heavily pregnant during August.I lived in dresses whilst pregnant. They make things so much easier. You don’t have annoying waist bands pulling round your bump and frequent visits to the bathroom are much quicker with a dress than maternity jeans. Furthermore you can wear support tights underneath which greatly reduce the risk of varicose veins and other hideous things. Pick versatile items. Dresses made from jersey material are ideal as they are wearable from winter through to summer. One big fashion advantage for pregnant women at the moment is the Maxi dress. You can look totally on-trend and be completely comfortable. Many designers even make them with a slightly shorter front than back in order to avoid nasty trips and falls. Think carefully when choosing shoes. I was convinced I would be in my sky-scraper heels right until giving birth, but eventually you will give in to comfort. And at the moment flat does not have to mean frumpy. Think brogues and military styled boots.Finally treat your self air swimmers to fabulous maternity sleep wear. Pick silk type fabrics which will help moving around whilst sleeping so much easier in the latter stages of pregnancy. A good nights sleep is essential. After all, who Air Swimmers knows how many more your going to get.

没有评论:

发表评论